Sunday, July 11, 2010

Embellished Frames with Tammy Tutterow

One of my favorite decor pieces to make are embellished photo frames. They can be so quick and simple while adding a real statement to your decor.

For this frame, I started with a pre-painted white frame that I picked up on clearance at a craft/home decor store. I cut two pieces of paper to fit the front, one from Distressed Couture Vines and one from Distressed Couture Blocks.

I adhered the Blocks piece to the front of the frame with the text side facing up. I used a decorative edge punch along the bottom edge of the Vines piece. I also cut a row of vertical slits in the front above the bottom edge to run ribbon through. I ran the ribbon through the slits in the paper and then adhered the Vines piece to the front of the frame. I trimmed the center opening with a craft knife and sanded all the edges smooth.

To finish off the frame, I added a paper flower, leaves, and a bow to the left side of the frame over the ribbon border. I added a set of rub-on letters (Vintage Extras) to the left side of the frame for added interest and to really draw attention to the black pattern in the paper below it.


Lea L. said...

This frame is so pretty, Tammy! I just love what you did with the ribbon!


dannisdoodles said...

♥ this frame & that ribbon is scrumptious, amazing!