Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lovely layout & matchbox keepsake with Emeline Seet

I am so happy to be able to create an item of our choice besides our assigned projects this month and I chose to create a layout and a little altered Match Box.



This layout was created using Glitz Designs Maya Collection. The bold shabby pink screamed to be used and I complemented the pretty details with bold black for balance.

Using more from Maya Paper Collection, I created a matchstick keepsake box to hold a mini accordian booklet. This keepsake box was made with the help of not one but two match boxes, allowing me more surface to decorate on.




The accordion booklet created from a strip of pattern paper measuring 3" in length.
I scored the strip at 3" intervals and folded along the scored folds.
Finally , i rounded the corners. It is amazing what you can do to a strip of paper



The cameo rub on (from Vintage Extra- Rub Ons)is one of my favourite ; LOVE the trendy silhouette !

Hope you are adding lots of NEW Glitz Design items to your Wish List, indulge a little and flip through the catalog HERE ! I know i am VERY excited to see the whole new collections !

2 comments:

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

That is just stunning! Love the soft pretty feel!

danni reid. said...

g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s, wow!