Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Vintage Love Wooden Frame with Tammy Tutterow

I am pretty sure Glitz Design's Vintage Love collection was made just for me!  I just can't get enough of it's soft patterns and colors.  I love vintage everything and this collection just embodies what I love about shabby and vintage.  I find myself using it again and again.

Vlframe


For this project, I re-faced an ugly duckling wooden frame from the clearance aisle of Hobby Lobby.  I covered the face of the frame with the Polka pattern paper.  I added an second layer of paper using the blue side of the Letters pattern paper.

Vlframe2 

I embellished the frame with an older Prima flower.  I pulled the layers of the flower apart and inserted a piece of Paper Layers that I cut using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Alterations Die.  I added a large paper covered brad by Bazzill that I stamped using the text on the postcard stamp on the Distressing 3 stamp set.

Vlframe3 

I also added velvet leaves, a felt branch, and a large silver flower from Prima.

Vlframe4 

I cut three butterflies out of the piece of Vintage Paper Layers.

Vlframe5 

I adhered them to frame using adhesive only along the center so that the wings would be free.  I bent them slightly so that they would lay up off of the surface of the frame.

Vlframe6 

I added a bit of random stamping on the frame, again using the text portion of the postcard stamp.

Vlframe7 

Because the paper in the paper layers is so thin and almost tissue paper like, the wings actually flutter a bit with air movement.  They look very delicate on the frame.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful Tammy! Love this frame!

danni reid. said...

GORGEOUS!!!