Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thanks & Blessings Cards with Christine Penaflor

Good morning! I hope you're all enjoying the wonderful days of autumn. The weather where I live has finally become cooler, and I'm now able to don my favorite sweaters once again.
As November approaches, I can't help but remember how thankful I am for the many blessings I experience each day. One of which is the beautiful weather which inspired the creation of the first card I will be sharing with you today.
IMG_2490
Products used:
  • Glitz Design “Kismet” Papers:  Brown, Floral
  • Glitz Design Teeny Alpha Brown Round
  • Glitz Design Clear Stamps: Distressing (Script),  Frames
  • Other: Prima flower, ribbon, Colorbox stamping ink, Kaisercraft pearls
This card was inspired by a sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches. For this card, I started with a white square card base. Next, I took a piece of Kismet Brown paper, stamped it with the script stamp from the Distressing clear stamp set, edged it turquoise stamping ink, and mounted onto the card front.  I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the paper and adhered this piece onto the card front. Next, I stamped a frame onto the white side of the Kismet Brown paper and cut along the edges. The frame was adhered onto the card front and embellished with white pearls.
IMG_2486
The sentiment was created by using the Brown Round alphabet stickers and a miniature flag was cut from burgundy cardstock. This was inked around the edges and mounted onto a piece of the blue side of the Kismet Floral paper.  A bow was made from a length of ribbon and a Prima flower was adhered to the center of the bow.  The sentiment was adhered on top of the frame, and pearls adorn the top corners of the card for the finishing touch.
Card Patterns sketch #87 inspired this next card I’m sharing with you today.
IMG_2488
Products used:
  • Glitz Design “Kismet” Papers:  Brown, Floral
  • Glitz Design Vintage Whatnots Cards
  • Glitz Design Teeny Alpha Brown Round
  • Glitz Clear Stamps: Distressing (Script)
  • Other: Petaloo flower, vintage lace, Colorbox stamping ink, Ranger distress ink
 To create this card, I used a piece of white cardstock for the card base. Next I cut a piece of the blue side of the Kismet Floral paper and inked the edges with distress ink. Then, I chose a vintage card, adhered a length of vintage lace onto it, and then mounted this onto the card front.  A chipboard heart was covered with Ranger glitter glue and adhered to the front of the card.
IMG_2489
A piece of blue side of the Kismet Floral paper was die cut into a label, stamped with the script stamp, and inked around the edges. The Brown Round alphabet stickers were used for the sentiment. The sentiment label was then adhered onto the card front as shown. Finally, flowers were added to complete the card.
Thanks so much for visiting today! I hope that the remaining days of October are filled with many blessings for which you can be thankful as well!
~ Christine

2 comments:

Lea L. said...

These are beautiful, Christine!! ♥♥♥

danni reid. said...

so, so beautiful Christine, wow!