Monday, November 29, 2010

The Magic of Make Believe with Tammy Tutterow

Have you ever come across a  patterned paper collection that you just felt was made specifically for a special photo you had?  That is how I felt the first time I saw the Vintage Love collection.  I knew that it was a perfect compliment that would add to a special photo of mine while not taking attention away from it.
Magic1
One of the things I really love about this collection is that it is so subtle and beautiful.  When you add embellishments to it and it blends with them seamlessly without falling into the background.  It shines and remains a focus point of the project.
Magic2
It's patterns coordinate so well with one another.  It is so easy to add multiple patterns from the collection without overpowering it.  On this page I used the light side of "Damask" as the base, the pattern side of "Floral" as the main pattern, the beige side of "Polka" and the blue side of "Letters" for the photo mat.
Magic3
For embellishments I added ombre ribbon (salvaged from a bow in a vase of flowers), velvet leaves, paper flowers, and glitter stars by Prima.  The straight pin with the pearl tip is an unknown goody from my scrap stash.
Magic4
For my title I used an assortment of letter stickers.  The small tab letters are by Making Memories, the glitter letters are K&Co, the black letters are BasicGrey, and the felt letters are by Prima.
Even though this collection is almost a year old I still feel a wave of paper love every time I see it.  No matter what project I use it on it feels perfect.  It is a timeless classic that is going to have a home in my paper stash for a very long time.

3 comments:

Jennie Skaggs said...

This is gorgeous...actually everything you do is gorgeous.

LuzinhaFolch said...

I miss you already girls!
It was an incredible journey this week!
I hope you guys had a great time with us and hope to see you again soon!
Many hugs and THANK YOU SO MUCH for coming!
love
Lucy

Anonymous said...

I be enduring infer from a only one of the articles on your website in the present circumstances, and I definitely like your tastefulness of blogging. I added it to my favorites web stage list and resolve be checking assist soon. Cheer check out of order my position as highly and fail me be acquainted with what you think. Thanks.