Friday, November 5, 2010

Making Time with Tracie Hudson

Like many other Scrapbookers out there, I am a Wife and a Mother and sometimes, thankfully not very often......just sometimes, everyday life gets a little hairy.
Our days as Moms can be filled with many things - caring for our children and partners, working, cleaning house as well as taking responsibility for the transportation needs of the entire household - including the family dog!!!
As a busy Mom I'm very aware how important it is to indulge in a little "ME" time and to remind myself of this, I have a sign hanging in my scrapping space which says -

"Make time, for Play time".

With my available scrapping time being very limited at the moment, I snatched an hour or two to squeeze in a much needed crafting session, where I created this simple page by combining a sketch from Pencil Lines and my favourite Hoopla papers and product from Glitz Designs.

I stamped the fancy frames on to acetate using Stazon, and then cut them out before adding the photographs using 3d foam pads.


Using up the scraps of papers from the layout and a Tim Holtz Sizzix die I made this greetings card for a couple of friends who are celebrating a very special occasion in their lives.



Product used:
Glitz Design Hoopla Polka, Zebra,Cake and Floral
Glitz Designs Fancy Frames Clear Stamps
Glitz Designs Glitzers
Glitz Designs Frosting

How do you ensure you make time for your play time?
I'd love to know.

Thanks for dropping by.
Tracie.x.
LiFe&tImEsOfA12x12AdDiCt

4 comments:

Laura Gilhuly said...

Play time for me is scrapping time...With two active boys (8 & 9) and a hubby that drives long haul truck I really need to take a little time or I will lose myself in the day to day activities of being mom. SO at night after the kids go to bed I scrap a little!

Turnedgypsy said...

what did you cut your acetate with?

wow thank you.


chris
http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

Tracie H said...

Hi Chris.

I used my Tim Holtz Kushgrip Snip scissors by Tonic to cut the acetate frames.
Hope that helps.
Tracie.x.

leah said...

Love what you put together, Tracie! That layout is just beautiful. :)