Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Love Frame with Tammy Tutterow

Earlier this month I shared a scrapbook page based on a sketch by Allison Davis.  When I first saw the sketch I immediately saw it's design as inspiration for a simple and easy frame design.
Sketchframe1
I began by covering a 11" x 9" wooden photo frame with the yellow side of  "Floral" patterned paper from Glitz's Scarlett collection.  After applying the paper, I sanded the edges and added Black Soot Distress Ink.
Sketchframe2
I created a focal area around the photo opening with the black side of the same patterned paper.  I added a simple machine sewing stitch border around the edge of it and Black Soot Distress Ink to the edges of the piece.  I cut a strip from scrap chipboard and covered it with the beige side of "Bouquet".  I added Black Soot Distress Ink to the edges and adhered it to the frame just below the photo opening.
Sketchframe3
I covered chipboard letters from my scrap stash with the blue side of "Wallpaper".  I sanded the edges of the letters and added Black Soot Distress Ink.  I adhered the letters in place and then coated each letter with Glossy Accents.
Sketchframe4
For an accent, I filled three small metal frames with little vignettes made from scrap paper (the black side of "Floral"), Scarlett Paper Layers, Scarlett Rub-ons, and Scarlett Cardstock Journaling Stickers (the yesterday, today, and tomorrow are cut from a larger sticker).  Once the paper pieces were assembled to the frames I adhered them to the frame and then filled the with Glossy Accents.
--------------------
Glitz Design Products:
Glitz Design "Scarlett" Papers: Floral
Glitz Design "Scarlett" Rub-ons
Glitz Design "Scarlett" Journaling cardstock stickers
Glitz Design "Scarlett" Paper Layers

2 comments:

PamSpradlin said...

This looks fun to make. I can't wait to try this.

TeresaB said...

I love this as always with the Glitz Girls Designs. I still think of them when I use one of the ideas or techniques I learned in their classes. If you get the chance take a class. It is well worth it.