Thursday, January 13, 2011

Always Remember to Dream with Mou Saha

Happy New Year friends, Mou Saha here :)
Do you love to find patterns in papers that you can cut out to make a big embellishment? I do! I also love black and white photos. So, I combined my love for both in the layout “Always Remember to Dream”.


I cut out a section of the black and white floral patterned paper and nestled my also black & white photo into it. To dress up the cut out, I applied glitter glue to some of the petals and let dry. Once it was dry, I gently curled the petals of some of the flowers.

 

I added giant pink rhinestones to create the flower centers.


To create the title, I cut out a sticker to suit my page.


To finish the page, I journaled around the photo.

Now, if you don’t have a girl to scrap about in your life or if you don’t like to scrap boy photos with flowers, here’s something that’s more masculine, more streamlined and more energetic.


I did a simple clean grid design. I stamped onto patterned paper with musical notes, hounds tooth and book print stamps, punched them out with square punches and arranged them as shown. To add a little color, I stitched them down with embroidery floss.


Added a giant black rhinestone


Added a message using the mini alphabet stickers



Added title and journaling to finish.


Thanks and have fun!

"Always Remember to Dream" supplies: 
Glitz Design "Hoopla" papers: Pipework, Floral
Glitz Design "Scarlett" Titles cardstock stickers
Glitz Design giant rhinestones: pink

"Sing Laugh Smile" supplies:
Glitz Design "Scarlett" papers: Polka
Glitz Design "Love Nest" papers: Block
Glitz Design "Distressing Set 2" clear stamps
Glitz Design "Scarlett" Titles cardstock stickers
Glitz Design giant rhinestones: black
Glitz Design Teeny Alphas: ivory block 

3 comments:

Lea L. said...

Awesome layouts, Mou!!

Kristii said...

Wow!!! Absolutely amazing work!!!

Sara said...

GORGEOUS LAYOUTS... love them!!! Thanks for sharing