Monday, January 10, 2011

Gorgeous Birthday Cards with Kristii Lockart

Hi there dear friends!!! I am so excited to bring you my first post as a Glitz Design Team member!!!! I really wish you could see the smile on my face right now...It's the biggest smile ever!!! I just love this company and being a designer for Glitz Designs is a dream come true!!!
While contemplating about what I would do for my first projects, I was creating a banner for my daughter's surprise birthday party and the light bulb immediately went off! Birthday cards!!!! January and February are birthday months in our family, and since the Hoopla line is all about celebrations and birthdays, birthday cards became the perfect choice!
For the first card I decided to play with the Hoopla Cake Stamp. I stamped the image onto 3 different patterned papers and fussy cut each layer out. I die cut a piece of cardstock and added rub ons that I cut apart making it look like they covered the whole die cut. No use putting rub ons underneath the focal point! Of course I had to add punches, ribbon, and a pretty button!!

Supplies used:
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Papers: Polka, Pipework, Frames
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Rub Ons
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Clear Acrylic Stamps: Hoopla Cake

other supplies:
Kaiser Craft Pearls, Joann's Buttons, PTI Die: Mat Stack #4, Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink by Ranger, PTI Rustic White cardstock, punches: Stampin up and Martha Stewart, ribbon from my stash
For the second card, I stamped a Glitz Design Fancy Frame onto the backside of the Hoopla Zebra papers and heat embossed it. I cut out the frame and attached it to the front of my card. Then I adhered the rub ons and added some tulle, felt and a flower. So easy and way fun!Supplies used:
Glitz Design "Hoopla" papers: Zebra and Polka
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Rub Ons
Glitz Design "Distressing" Clear Acrylic Stamps: Fancy Frames
Glitz Design Tulle
other supplies:
PTI Cardstock: Rustic White and Black, Tim Holtz Ideology Trimmings: Lavish, Kaiser Craft pearls, PTI felt, Versamark Ink, and Ranger Super Fine Detail black embossing powder
Wishing you the happiest of days!!!
Kristii

6 comments:

Doreen said...

Let me be the first to say, WOOO HOOO!!!!! Welcome to the design team and wow, are your cards FABULOUS!!!!! Looking forward to more glitz and glamour from you! :)
doreen at whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

Lea L. said...

These are fabulous!!

fong33 said...

Wow, I love your cards! The colors you used are fabulous and I love how you used the ribbons to glitz up your cards! Can't wiat to see more of your work.

leah said...

Gorgeous stuff, Kristi!

Sara said...

looove those cards!!! Love em lots! Great balloons on that last card, so cute... so pretty too... love all them funky colours...

Latoya said...

Gorgeous stuff, Kristi!