Monday, January 24, 2011

Nests & Cupcakes with Kristii Lockart

Hi there dear friends!! I am so very excited to share some more Glitzy goodness with you today!!! This time of year, as we draw close to Valentine's day, I tend to feel a little romantic and I pull out my lace, ribbon, buttons and vintage images and put a little shabby chic into my creations! I guess you could say I've got that "Loving Feeling"!!

For my first card, I combined the Hoopla Collection and the pretty pink in the Love Nest Collection and I just love the results!!! This card totally fits my shabby chic mood!

Supplies Used:
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Paper: Polka and Frames
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Paper: Damask
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Cardstock Stickers: Journaling
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Rub Ons
other supplies:
PTI Cardstock: Rustic White; PTI dies: Victorian Lace Border; PTI Stamps: Love Birds; PTI Felt; Button, Seam Binding and Lace from my stash; Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger: Brushed Corduroy; Copic Marker: E 50 Egg Shell; Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
I colored the white seam binding with a Copic Marker and tied a double bow. I inked the first word in the sentiment and stamped it at the top of the tag. I inked the rest of the stamp and I applied it to the bottom of the tag and then I adhered the birdie rub ons in the middle of the tag. Then, I added a decorative border cut from patterned paper and a pretty button to finish off the bow.
For my second project, I designed a little card for my sweet daughter's birthday. I used the beautiful Love Nest line, a little glitter and added a hand cut banner.


Supplies used:
Glitz Designs "Love Nest" Papers: Damask, Stripe and Polka
Glitz Designs "Love Nest" Glitzers Transparent Stickers
Glitz Designs "Cardstock Stickers" Teeny Alphabet Ivory
Glitz Designs "Bling" Giant Rhinestones Pink Black Green
other supplies:
PTI cardstock: Rustic White; PTI dies: Border Builder Collection; PTI Stamps: Make a Wish and Baby Button Bits; PTI Buttons and Button Twine; Glitter Martha Stewart; Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger: Brushed Corduroy and Crushed Olive.
I stamped the cupcake onto two different types of paper and pieced them together. Then I added glitter to make the frosting shine. I colored the cupcake wrapper with Crushed Olive and Brushed Corduroy ink. The banner is hand-cut and I added Glitz Alphas for the happy sentiment. I hung the banner on button twine and added buttons then I stamped the birthday sentiment and I hand-cut it out as well. For the final touch I layered the cupcake onto a Glitz Design Glitzer to add interest.
Wishing you an absolutely fantabulous day!!!
Kristii

P.S. Don't forget that you still have time to win the three latest Glitz Design collections!  Follow these links and follow the posting instructions!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

What beautiful cards, thanks for the details.

JennyKozar said...

These are stunning! Love the vintage look.

Jill Norwood said...

What absolutely stunning cards! I love them both! And I love glitz products! So fun to play with..can't wait for the new releases!

Kelly Massman said...

What gorgeous cards!!!!!

Lea L. said...

These are beautiful!!

custom stickers said...

Very beautiful cards, love these.