Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cards for Women with Laurie Schmidlin

With Spring in the air, my thoughts naturally gravitate to my wonderful mother and equally fabulous Mother-in-Law!  Yes, you heard me right...a fabulous Mother-in-Law!  :-)  My husband's mother is very special, and because she lives so far away (in Switzerland), I like to make and send her Mother's Day cards early to insure they arrive on time.
When my box of brand new Glitz goodies arrived, I knew immediately that I wanted to use them for her cards!  It just doesn't get any prettier than vintage Glitz goodies with fresh Spring colors!

GD Mom
For my first card, I dug into the Laced with Grace Collection!  The only problem I had, was choosing which papers to use first...because I LOVE them all!  I chose three different patterns to work with, a beautiful vintage Whatnot (also from the Laced with Grace Collection), and some Cream Teeny Alpha letters to spell out "Mom".
GD Best Grandma
For my next card, I went with a softer color palette, using papers from the new Afternoon Muse Collection.  After matting two coordinating patters and adding a vellum layer to soften them up a bit, I added the stamped focal layers (made with the frame stamp from the Laced with Grace Clear Stamps set).
So, which new collection is your favorite?  Right now, I just can't get enough of the warm, vintage tones of the Laced with Grace Collection!   It's a tough call for me though, because it changes almost daily!  :-)
Thanks so much for joining me today!  I hope your day is a creative one!  ~Laurie

Mom Card
Glitz Design Laced with Grace Papers:  Floral, Stripe, Polka
Glitz Design Laced with Grace Whatnot
Glitz Design Teeny Alpha - Cream
Other: Cream cardstock, Heart Punch, Parisian Accents die (Spellbinders), Sewing machine, Sparklers, Floral Trim (Webster's Pages), Ribbon
World's Best Grandma Card
Glitz Design Afternoon Muse Papers:  Banner, Floral
Glitz Design Clear Stamps:  Laced with Grace
Other:  Vellum cardstock, Cream cardstock, Love Deepens (Verve Stamps), Sewing machine, Prima Roses, Dew Drops, Cream Organza ribbon


pamela said...

Beautiful cards. Wish my mother and grandmother was still with me so I could do a card for them. Beatiful paper and ribbon.

Shona said...

gorgeous cards and I cant wait to get that collection and try some cards out too. Right now I am also loving that collection

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Perfect for Mother's Day!! You totally rocked them!