Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Decorated Wedding Frame with Tammy Tutterow

The first second I saw the new Love Games collection I was totally taken with the black and white Damask pattern.  I love damask patterns and especially love them for home decor pieces.  For this frame, I recovered a clearance aisle photo frame and added ribbon and embellishments for a classic and romantic feeling.
Lgframe1 
Lgframe2
I wrapped the frame in 1 3/4" wide silk taffeta ribbon that has a green and brown weave.  It changes color depending on the light.
Lgframe3
I embellished over the ribbon with flowers in brown and green and added two skeleton leaves.  I topped the flowers with a Love Games Cardstock sticker.  I applied the sticker to a scrap of patterned paper to cover the adhesive and to add a little more structure to the sticker.
Lgframe4
I adhered the sticker onto the top of the flowers, using them to lift the sticker off of the surface and to make it the centerpiece of the design.

Lgframe6
The skeleton leave add an interesting texture to the design.  I love that they are transparent and allow the pattern of the paper and the color of the ribbon to show through.
Lgframe7
Supplies:
patterned paper: Glitz Design Love Games Damask
sticker: Glitz Design Love Games Cardstock Sticker
flowers and leaves: Prima Marketing
ribbon: Midori Luxe Taffeta Ribbon Fern
ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo
adhesive: Claudine Hellmuth Matte Multi Medium and Helmar 450 QD