Thursday, April 28, 2011

Inked Up Layouts with Rommel Okuma

Hello gorgeous!
Today is my first post here, and I’m feeling so happy to share with you guys some inspiration with newest Glitz Design products. All newest collections, released on CHA Winter 2011, are fabulous and when I’ve received my box with Glitz Goodies I just can’t stop to see it all over and over, because they really are amazing: fresh colorful papers, vintage style, many kind of beautiful stamps and a bunch of embellish to use!
So let’s go!
My style of scrapbooking is something like eclectic with a bit of artistic ways. I love to work with contrasting colors, layering papers and add a lot of details with inks, stamping pads, stamps, and many cut outs and die cuts or another alternative supplies. This is my creative process to explore a many possibilities ways to use papers and other materials.
This first project called Growin’ Up is about my friend’s daughter. A sassy girl that each day growing up with joy, healthy and so much love! I use three kind of patterned paper from different collections and add some great details like ink’s spot, butterflies, flowers and paper strips. Look it all, please:

She is so cute, isn’t she? This paper layer works like a mat under the photos , a transparent frame and a butterfly cut out from Butterflies Laced With Grace collection paper:
Just a little amazing detail: a sticker under the roses. It's so delicate, isn't it?

Sewn paper strips. I love to sew in details!

This heart from Laced with Grace is just perfect for this LO, don’t you think so? It was painted with distress ink, sanded  and distressed:
This second project "Advices 4 a good life" is about myself. The photos were shot a few days after my 32th birthday (can you say that I’m 32 years old?! :P). Here again I mixed all collections and create something unique, look:

One of my pleasures is transform new paper to an old just watering and kneading it. I made it in this paper layer from Love Games Collection. Here, in special, I used Distress Stain and water. This paper looks like burnt, so cool!

 
I used a blue cardstock as a background, contrasting with this pink paper. The pattern of paper is a mix with partition, vintage texts, announces and much more. This is already one of my fav papers.  The harlequin pattern is also great.  Blue, pink and green:  the palette of this page was so delightful!  Loved it!

My favorite detail: this tag:

It was made with distress ink (watery ink technique). I used distress ink tea dye with this text stamp of Laced by Grace collection and the “arms” stamp by Love Games Stamp Set.

Other details was created with Whatnot, Peek-a-boos, Cardstock journaling and title stickers:



And I almost forget to say about this Teeny Alpha Cream Grunge. This vintage circus font is great and so fun!

Project: Growin' Up - supplies:Patterned Paper: Afternoon Muse Polka, Laced with grace Butterflies - Stripe - Floral
Laced with grace Paper Layer
Laced with grace Peek-a-boo
Laced with grace Whatnots
Laced with grace Glitzer

Other companies supplies:
Alphabets: Thickers AC
Flowers: Prima Marketing Inc.
Inks: Glimmer Mist - Tattared Angles, Disstress Ink - Ranger
Punches: Martha Stewart Craft
Project: Advices 4 a great life:Patterned Paper: Afternoon Muse Banner and Carte Postal
Love games Paper Layer
Love games Glitzers
Laced with Grace title stickers
Love games Journaling Stickers
Love games Whatnots
Love games Stampa set
T
eeny Alpha Cream Grunge
Afternoon Muse Peek-a-boo
Laced with grace Stamp set

Other companies supplies:
Ink: Distress ink and Distress stain - Ranger
Have you enjoy it with me, thank you so much for stopping by and have a nice day! See you next month!!!
XOXO,
Rommel

16 comments:

Shona said...

gorgeous layout, love the inking :)

Laurie Schmidlin said...

SO beautiful!! Rommel, the details you have added are amazing! Love these layouts!

Natascha Curi said...

Rommel, you are such a terrific artist. I'm lucky for having you as my dearest friend. My BFF! Sky is the limit. And this page é rocking up my heart.GORGEOUSSSSSS
congratulations, Glitz team, you have a star among you. =)

Nana Nassar said...

great job Rommel...you know you rock! Loved your LO....

Anonymous said...

Wowww!!!
These layouts are amazing!!!
I loved all!
hugs

Ceci Mendes said...

I love these layouts!!!I love Rommel okuma!!!! Congretulations!!!!

Unknown said...

Both are terrific!!! I couldn't wait less than precious LO because that I'm so proud to be the same country as an artist like you!!!
Congrats and I'll be waiting anxious for your new adventures in the "Glitz Arts World"!
Kisses and Hugs, Dani

Manunamoral said...

Querido,

Sou suspeita para falar sobre o seu trabalho, mas uma só palavra para esses layouts:

P-E-R-F-E-I-Ç-Ã-O

Esses papeis são maravilhosos...aiiii que delicia.

Sumemooo.

Bjotas sonoras.

Camila Borssoi said...

Wonderful layouts Rommel, with a lot of techniques!

Marta said...

Rommel I loved your layouts, inks and all details.
Congrats my dear friend!!!

Cynvilela said...

Congrats Rommel!! Stunning work!!!
Xoxo
Cyn

Suzana said...

Awesome! Loved all of them!

Carol Falceta said...

Absolutely gourgeous!
You rock!!!

Ginger John said...

Rommel! Very inspiring-makes me want to scrapbook!!:)

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Super Cool Rommel! =)

Renata Scrap said...

Great layout Rommel, congrats!
Bjs =D