Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pocket Cards with Michelle Philippi

As you read this, my family and I are on a 10-day Disney cruise to Mexico; beyond excited we are....and so very blessed. We are going to be in Cabo San Lucas on Easter Sunday and I am so looking forward to celebrating in a nice, old, perfectly vintage church. The only thing that matters to my kids however is will the Easter Bunny be able to find them on the ship - LOL I wanted to be sure and have something heartfelt and handcrafted for them for Easter, and I remembered these little kraft pocket bags I have had for the longest time. I love getting new goodies - like my Afternoon Muse collection from Glitz - and using it to bring some love to something I've had untouched for a very long time.

So pocket cards it is. Nice and flat and easy to travel with. I swooshed white acrylic paint on the edges of my kraft pockets and essentially treated that as my card base.
EasterFun1
My card front has fun Afternoon Muse patterned paper, paper layers and some white stitching to go with the white stitching on these old felt bunny stickers I have had hanging around forever too.
EasterFun2
For the inside of my card I used these great Whatnot images which have a great colored image on one side and a plain white glossy cardstock side on the other where I can do some writing.
EasterFun3
I cut these little girls out of the paper layer; I think they are whispering about what they are hoping to find in their Easter baskets.
EasterWishes1
Stitching, and a Victorian lace doily punch are just perfect to show off these sweet lil' dollies.
EasterWishes2
With the white and cream and orange and pinks, red can still work for Easter.
EasterWishes3
These Peek-A-Boo banners are my most favorite thing ever. And that bike! *swoon*
HappyEaster1
If there's one thing you need to know about me, it's that I consider myself a cardmaker and not a stamper. I really don't do a whole lot of stamping and love that with these teeny alphas I can come up with any sentiment I want. You might have a stamp that says Happy Easter. But with alphabet stickers, I can change the Easter sentiment and have 3 different Easter sentiments without having to buy 3 Easter stamps.
HappyEaster2
This Whatnot says Humpty Dumpty Circus - and that makes me giggle.
I can totally see this in a baby themed creation.
HappyEaster3
Afternoon Muse Pocket Cards
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Paper: Floral, Carte Postal, Stripe
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Paper Layers
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Whatnots
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Peek-A-Boos
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Glitzers
Glitz Design Tulle, Teeny Alpha, Giant Rhinestone

1 comment:

Tricia said...

For example, A box of cereal. All of this means that coffee's tremendous popularity is here to stay and will become even more popular. An excellent protein product for everyone - body builders, mothers, babies, convalescents, seniors. Bake until cheese is melted and cereal is crisp and lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes. btw., you can try to find all tracks G Love and Special Sauce or find all versions of track "Milk and Cereal" .