Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pretty Cards with Michelle Philippi

I am so tickled by all the new Glitz lines. Just so completely delighted. So many fun things that can take you in so many different directions...which is pretty much what I have for you today - a little whimsy, and then a little vintage love for grandma.

I feel pretty oh so favorite version of this song is when Natalie Wood did it in West Side Story. Oh she really was SO pretty that Natalie Wood! And when I was singing this to myself and thinking about my card, I visualized her singing, and remembered that she was wearing orange, and a pink feathered tiara, and that she wrapped herself in tulle as she danced around singing..... so that's where my inspiration came from for this card.
Annex - Wood, Natalie (Westside Story)_04
And this sweet grandmother card. The images found in all the new Glitz collections take me back to a simpler more genuine time and I really was trying to convey that in this card that will go to my mother from my kids for Mother's Day.

I Feel Pretty
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Paper: Polka Dot
Glitz Design "Laced With Grace" Paper: Plaid
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Whatnot
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Titles Cardstock Stickers
Glitz Design Pink Tulle

Beloved Grandmother
Glitz Design "Laced With Grace" Glitzers
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Peek-A-Boo
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Cardstock Stickers Journaling
Glitz Design "Love Games" Cardstock Stickers Journaling
Glitz Design Teeny Alpha

1 comment:

Lea L. said...

These are fabulous!!