Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Afternoon Muse Frame with Tammy Tutterow

I am absolutely in love with this sunny yellow (Blocks) patterned paper from Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse collection.  It is just the perfect shade of yellow to create a cheery feeling on any project.
Yellow1
I used the paper to cover a purchased photo frame that I picked up on clearance.  I decoupaged the paper to the frame using Matte Multi Medium.  Once the adhesive was dry, I sanded and inked all of the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Yellow2
I embellished the side of the frame with the coordinating Stripe patterned paper.  I used a paper punch to add a decorative edge and added machine stitching and ink along the edge before adhering to the frame.
Yellow3
I stamped a corner design in the lower right corner and added a cluster of embellishments along the side over the striped patterned paper.  I wrapped a bit of crinkled dyed seam binding around the frame (while the glass and insert was removed).  I stucked a vintage image Whatknot under the ribbon and then added layers of paper flowers.
Yellow5
The paper flowers are assorted papers from the collection that were cut using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.  After cutting the flowers, I placed them on a foam pad and worked the surface of them with a round tip embossing stylus.  This helped shape the paper into a dome shape.  After shaping, I edged each flower with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then coated them with Rockin on Sunshine Glimmer Glam.  Once the glam was dry, I layered the assorted flowers with gemstone brads.
Yellow7
The leaves were cut freehand and created the same way.  I love that because the papers are double sided you get peeks of other colors and patterns from the curved petals.
When I adhered the striped layer, I left the punched edge free from adhesive so that it would lift for the surface a bit and add an extra bit of dimension.
Yellow8
On a few of the die cut flowers, I cut the petals apart so that they would have a little more dimension.
Yellow9
I cut a single penant off of a Peek-a-Boo penant strip.  I trimmed the excess clear border from the penant and then inserted it onto a long stick pin.  I pierced the pin into cluster and added an adhesive foam square under the flag to lift it up off of the surface.
Yellow10
I punched a heart using a scrap of paper, inked the edges, and then topped it with a Glitzers sticker that says "enjoy".  I tucked the heart into the flower cluster and adhered it in place with and adhesive foam square.
----------Supplies----------
  • patterned paper: Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse- Floral, Block, Banner, and Stripe
  • stickers: Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse Glitzers
  • elements: Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse Whatnots; Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse Peek-a-Boos
  • stamps: Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse Stamps
  • embellishments: Stick Pin- Maya Road; Brads- 7gypsies
  • punches: McGill Super Giant Primitive Heart Punch; Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch
  • die: Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals
  • ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo
  • glaze: Tattered Angles Glimmer Glam- Organic Green and Rockin' on Sunshine
  • adhesive: Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium- Matte; Therm O Web 3D Adhesive Foam Squares

4 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo said...

wow this is fantastic! THANKS for sharing.

Sarah-R said...

This is so pretty. I love that pin!

Camilla Ekman said...

Gorgeous frame! And I love the layered embellie cluster!

bamgosoocom said...



Thanks for the good writeup. It in truth was once
a entertainment account it. Look complex to far introduced agreeable from you!
By the way, how can we communicate?


Please vsit my page :: 휴게텔
(jk)