Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cards for Grandma with Michelle Philippi

May being the Mother's Day month, we continue to focus on all the special women in our lives here on the Glitz Design blog. June for me personally is a busy one with both my mother and my mother-in-law having birthdays a day apart. And if I need a card from each kid and one from us, that's 6 total cards I need in 2 days. So the grandmothers' birthdays is definitely one that I pre-plan for.
I love the big Whatnots that Glitz offers in the Afternoon Muse collection. The thing about big pieces like this is that I think they are made with scrapbookers in mind. And being that I am a cardmaker and not a scrapbooker, I wanted to make sure that I could take full advantage of these great pieces. They are 5x7 and when they are scored and folded down they make a great 3.5x5 card. What a great size! So that's what I did - I used these Whatnots as my card bases and just layered on the fun!
May17_Grandmother
May17_Grandma
Grandmother
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Whatnot
Glitz Design "Love Games" Peek-A-Boo
Glitz Design "Laced With Grace" Whatnot
Glitz Design Giant Rhinestone
Grandma
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Whatnot
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Peek-A-Boo
Glitz Design "Love Games" Glitzers
Glitz Design "Love Games" Whatnot
Glitz Design Teeny Alpha Stickers and Pom Pom

No comments: