Monday, May 2, 2011

For Mom with Michelle Philippi

Happy Monday - and happy May!
Mother's Day is this Sunday and I've got a couple of cards made special for dear ol' mom.
It would seem that I am on a pocket card kick lately for here I am with one again. I love being different every now and then and giving a card in a little glassine bag or some sort of pouch instead of the standard envie, and these lil' kraft bags go so well with the vintage feel that you get with with anything from Glitz. I took a vintage paper layer from the Laced With Grace collection and then layered on some transparent Peek-A-Boos from that same collection along with one from Afternoon Muse.
Mother1_04_29_11
And then I stamped a simple "mother" inside this pretty transparent Glitzer.
Mother2_04_29_11
My card is a clean canvas of some cream cardstock with inked edges tied off with some Glitz tulle.
Mother4_04_29_11
And yes, again with the Peek-A-Boo banners. I can't stop loving these!
Mother3_04_29_11
On my second card I went back a collection to Scarlett because I happen to have a little redheaded boy and I had to have him on a Mother's Day card. So I cut him out of a Scarlett paper layer. I coordinated the orangeyness with some fun Polka Dot paper from the Love Nest collection, made my simple sentiment from Glitz Teeny Alphas and showed off his little flower with some glitter.
Mommy_11_21_10
Mother Pocket Card
Glitz Design "Laced With Grace" Paper Layer
Glitz Design "Laced With Grace" Glitzer
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" & "Laced With Grace" Peek-A-Boos
Glitz Design Tulle
Mommy Card
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Patterned Paper: Polka Dot
Glitz Design "Scarlett" Paper Layer
Glitz Design Teeny Alpha Stickers

1 comment:

Marian said...

Super beautiful. I love it!

Greetings, Marian.