Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mother's Day Frame with Tammy Tutterow

Today I am sharing a frame that is perfect for mother on Mother's day.  It features the gorgeous new Laced With Grace collection from Glitz Design.
Mother1
I first covered a wooden box fram with the Polka patterned paper.  I used the tan side of the paper.  I inked the text clear stamp from the collection with Vintage Photo Distress ink and stamped the text image in multiple layers and directions.  I covered the lower half of the frame with the Floral print patterned paper.  I inked the torn and curled top edge before adhering it to the frame.
Mother2
I used the large rose with notecard sticker as the base of my embellishments.  I cut away the note card part of the design.  I layered the scroll frame journaling sticker on top of the rose sticker.  I added two Glitzers stickers, one on top of the other to the center of the frame.
Mother3
I cut a small banner strip from the notecard scrap from the rose sticker.  I used Teeny Alphas to add the word mother to the strip.  I tucked the strip under the edge of the roses and added a small straight pin to make it look like the stip was pinned to the frame.  I added a adhesive foam square to the end of the banner to lift it up off of the surface of the frame.
Mother4
I also added adhesive foam squares under parts of the rose sticker to give them dimension as well.
Mother5
Supplies:
patterned paper: Glitz Design Laced With Grace Polka and Floral
stickers: Glitz Design Laced With Grace Glitzers, Journaling, and Teeny Alphas- Cream Grunge
stamps: Glitz Design Laced With Grace Stamps
ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo
adhesive: Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Multi Medium; Therm O Web 3D Adhesive Foam Squares

1 comment:

BethW said...

My Laced with Grace "stash" is in transit-cannot wait to give this a try.I absolutely love this-you can't beat Ms Tammy when it comes to altered items.