Monday, July 18, 2011

Distressed Vintage Cards with Iwona Palamountain

Hello, paper lovers! It's time for my Glitz Design post, and this time I prepared some distressed, vintage cards for you. I normally use Heidi Swapp's edge distresser (which gives lovely results, btw), but lately I rediscovered the simple but effective way of distressing, using nothing else but my nails. I like the interesting look and dimension that it gives.

I like how the colours of the Ferris Wheel Whatnot, correspond with the Afternoon Muse papers. The pink from the left side, seems to flow through it to the right side... what a cool effect!

Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse " papers: Polka, Banner
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Titles Cardstock Stickers
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Journaling Cardstock Stickers
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Whatnot

Other: cardstock: PTI (Berry Sorbet); lace trim & paper lace; vintage button

Below I combined Laced With Grace with a little bit of Love Nest - I love how these two collections match! I cut out the dancing kids and the sentiment out of the Peek-A-Boo, and placed them on the card separately. I also cut out the rose from the paper layer. The rest of it is lovely too and sure to make a great accent on another card!

Glitz Design "Laced With Grace" paper: Polka, Butterflies, Stripe, Floral
Glitz Design "Laced With Grace" Paper Layers
Glitz Design "Laced With Grace" Peek-A-Boo
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Titles Cardstock Stickers
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Glitzers

Other: cardstock: white; sewing machine; Liquid Pearls (Petal Pink); border punch: EK Success

I hope you like these! See you in a few,
Iwona (Chupa

3 comments: