Sunday, October 30, 2011

Boo! Banner with Tracie Hudson

This year has certainly flown by and I can hardly believe that Halloween is already upon us.....next it'll be Christmas! YAY! My favourite time of the year :D
Decorating the house for Halloween is becoming more and more popular in the UK and whilst we have the mandatory Pumpkins sitting outside our home, I wanted to create a banner to greet the "Trick or Treaters" who will no doubt be making their way to our door.


Triangles of card were cut from empty cereal packets (I love to recycle) and then covered in papers from Glitz Designs. To pretty up the edges, I simply cut strips of patterned paper and then punch the edges using a Martha Stewart punch. The punched strips were then attached to the reverse of the triangles before I covered the reverse sides with co-ordinating paper.

Paper roses are one of my favourite quick fix embellishments to make - they are so quick and easy and a great way to use up scraps of patterned paper. Chipboard alphas added my greeting "Boo!" and to add a little sparkle to my banner I added crystal swirls.

Product used - Glitz Designs Patterned Papers - Distressed Couture DC2310, Scarlett S2075and S2051; Scenic Route alphas; Prima Say it in Crystals; May Arts Ribbon.

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a very Happy Halloween.

T.x.

1 comment:

Mohan said...

Thanks for thee post