Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy New Year cards with Iwona Palamountain

With Holidays gone, we're now looking forward to the New Year's celebrations, and what better way to celebrate the fact, with some fun Glitz Design cards! I can't wait to send these to my pals...

I combined the papers, some stickers and other gorgeous elements from two different collections, with a little bit of stamping, and whipped up these two :)
Now, the first card below... I LOVE how it turned out. I embossed the modern cityscape on the banner, creating a little night scene. I added some fireworks too, that I embellished with rhinestones. To this I added the chic Victorian lady, looking like she's ready for a good, old-fashioned party uptown... hee hee!
(I cut her out of a Whatnot)

Glitz Design "Dance In Sunshine" papers: Stripe, Raindrops, Damask
Glitz Design "Dance In Sunshine" Whatnot
Glitz Design "Dance In Sunshine" Glitzers
Glitz Design "Dance In Sunshine" Epoxy Words

Other: cardstock: white; cityscape/sentiment stamp: The Craft's Meow; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Versa Magic (Turquoise Gem), VersaMark; white embossing powder; File Tab die: My Favorite Things Die-Namics; rhinestones: Kaisercraft/Scrapbooking Bitz; sewing machine; button; baker's twine

For the next card, I pulled out the trusty Hoopla collection. It's made with birthday celebrations in mind, and I thought it would be wonderful for a New Year too. I made the cityscape peek out of the corner here as well, but the main role belongs to the fabulous, layered label sticker, paired with the sentiment.

Glitz Design "Hoopla" papers: Cake, Polka, Frames
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Journaling Cardstock Stickers

Other: cardstock: grey, white; cityscape/sentiment stamp: The Craft's Meow; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); string; sewing machine

I hope your New Year's celebrations will be fantabulous :) See you in 2013, with more Glitzy goodness!
Iwona (Chupa)

1 comment:

Jagadguru Kripaluji Maharaj said...

It seems like only yesterday when we were welcoming 2011 so I couldn't resist pulling out some photos from your last New Year's Eve.