Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shaped Christmas cards with Laurie Schmidlin

Hi there!  With the Holidays fast approaching, I have kicked my Christmas card and gift making into high gear!  :-)  One of my favorite kinds of Christmas cards to make are shaped cards!  I think they are both unique and fun...perfect for the Holidays!
GD Joy

For my first card, I used some of Glitz's beautiful Vintage Blue papers to create a stocking shaped card!  While they are not meant to be Christmas papers, I think they work wonderfully!  I used the Glitz Vintage Blue Clear Stamps to ad some texture to the yellow parts as well as stamp the background for the focal image.

GD Believe 
My next card features some of Glitz's Beautiful Dreamer papers.  Again, the non traditional colors of this lovely collection lend themselves perfectly for the soft Christmas cards I had in mind!  I embellished my tree shaped card with a die cut felt bird, ribbon, a puffy flower, and an epoxy sentiment!

Thanks so much for joining me here today!  Hugs, Laurie

Stocking Card
Glitz Design Vintage Blue Damask Paper
Glitz Design Clear Stamps - Vintage Blue
Glitz Design Teeny Alpha - Pearl
Glitz Design Vintage Blue Trim
Other:  Christmas Shaped Cards SVG file, Ribbon, Flower, Rhinestones, Sewing machine

Christmas Tree Card
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Papers: Houndstooth, Damask, Polka
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Peek-A-Boo
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Epoxy Words
Other:  Christmas Shaped Cards SVG file, Felt, Flower, Bird & Branch die set (Sizzix), Ribbon, Rhinestones, Paper piercer

No comments: