Thursday, January 5, 2012

Gorgeous Pastels with Laurie Schmidlin

Good morning!  It's my turn to share my take on this month's Focus - a lovely and inspirational photo!  Here's the photo Lea chose for us...
  Jan Focus
 Isn't this photo beautiful?  Because I live in Montana, and cold weather lasts way longer than I'd like, I decided to focus on other aspects of this photo than the obvious snow theme.  :-)
GD You Are My Song
For my first card, I used the banner in the photo above as my inspiration!  I also used a yellow background (like the photo).  I combined lots of colors and textures (all products are from Glitz's Dance in Sunshine and Vintage Blue collections).
GD Sweet
For my second card, I used the inspiration photo as a sketch.  I combined several papers (all from the Beautiful Dreamer and Vintage Blue collections), a Whatnot, a Glitzer, and an Epoxy Word sticker!
Thanks so much for joining me here today!  ~Laurie

You Are My Song Card
Dance in Sunshine Paper - Polka
Dance in Sunshine Whatnot
Vintage Blue Clear Stamps

Sweet Card
Dance in Sunshine Papers - Damask, Floral, Stripe
Vintage Blue Paper - Toile
Dance in Sunshine Glitzers
Dance in Sunshine Clear Stamps
Dance in Sunshine Whatnot
Vintage Blue Epoxy Words

2 comments:

Yasmin said...

Love your cards! They are really beautiful.. :)

Unknown said...

Whoa! Love this. It gets me all inspired.