Friday, April 4, 2008

who do you love?
super fun glitz stuff at work

I set out to make a project with some of the very cool new Glitz products. I love making mini albums and this little black board book was calling my name. I thought it would work perfectly with all of the fun bright colors of Glitzy goodness. There are so many great ways to use these products... so I decided to list just a few fun ways with each of the pictures of the album. :)

First off, I have to say how much I'm in love with these new rub-ons! Did you know the black on these rub-ons is a shiny black... like patten leather shoes shiny black? It is so fun! I have grand plans for using these extra large rub-ons on layouts... I seriously can't wait!

Another super cool Glitz addition... ROLLER DOODLES!!! These are a blast. I wish the picture showed it off better, but I rolled the flower Roller Doodle in VersaMark ink then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder right onto the cover of the mini album. It was a really fun way to add that little something extra without distracting from the main focus. Here's a little tip if you're looking to cover a background with lots of doodle-ie fun... instead of rolling in horizontal or vertical direction, try rolling onto your paper on the diagonal. It's a lot harder to tell if your lines are straight or wobbly if it's rolled on the diagonal! :)

Another thing I love about Glitz... their digital elements. They coordinate and enhance their paper products perfectly. On this page (and the cover) I took the damask print you probably recognize from the ultra chic Hot Mama line, converted it to blue in Photoshop, and printed it right onto some pearlescent paper. The result, is full of shiny chic fun!

Oh the happy thoughts that come to mind when someone says frosting. The chocolate gooey sugar shock version makes my pants feel tighter... but the Glitz has the only ZERO CALORIE option out there! I love how the frosting is mold-able into any shape. Here it's formed into a circle. No more sadness over being out of that perfect sized or shape bling element... we've gone D.I.Y.!

Fun with Frosting words & journaling blocks! When your DIY letter molding skills are taking a break... grab the Frosting words. They're in cute fonts that make adding a title to your projects so easy. Glitz journaling blocks are so fun... and totally not limited to just journaling. They work great as layers, accents and elements! Add the Frosting circles and some rub-ons and you're golden!

The owl paper was made using another Glitz digital element printed on pearlescent paper.

Arrows, flourishes and words... OH MY! Arrows are fun... arrows are even more fun when they are swirly. Like all of the Frosting these have the same flexible nature that allows you to make them work for your project, and yet they'll hold their shape when you pull them off their backing. Truly the best of both worlds.

My favorite flourishes... they make my heart all melty. These were cut down from their original size to work as an accent with the flower. Can you spot the roller doodle appearance on this page? There will be another picture of it up close coming up...


This page has it all... Frosting, printed digi elements, Roller Doodles, Frosting words, fabulous Glitz paper... I love it when a plan comes together! (For all you A-Team fans out there.)

The last page of this little mini book... some more fun with arrows and rub-ons. The grid rub-on was cut down from it's original, as was the flourish. The flower was punched so the cute little strawberry would be right in the center of the flower.

A close up of how you can shape the frosting into your own custom arrangements. The 5 is stamped with the Roller Doodle and punched out to show my little sweetie's age at the time. The stitched swirly line is a Glitz rub-on.

Getting up close and personal with a punched out Roller Doodle 3, a Frosting circle, some rub-on dotties and a journaling block.

Another close up... showing off the cool Glitz flourish and grid rub-ons. Not to mention the cool black pearl circle.


And that's a wrap! If you have any questions about any of the products or techniques, please leave a comment. I'll be glad to answer! Thanks for putting up with a silly girl who has clearly not had enough coffee yet this morning! :)

Have a great day!!!
{{hugs}}

noel culbertson

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the Glitz products!!! I must have!! Great job Noel!

Brock Family said...

Just wanted to say how amazing your work is! Awesome job, girl!

Anonymous said...

yay Noel Joy, great minibook!!!

Leslie Ashe said...

SUPER cute book! Love every single page :)

Sarah E. said...

Noel this is beautiful!

PattiM said...

Love the album, Noel Joy......You put lots of little extra's and I love the ideas you've talked about....The girls are soo cute.......Great job explaining everything too.......

Patti Martin
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!!

Chris said...

This is absolutely AMAZING! Wonderful work, great products...now I need to get myself some!

joscelyne cutchens said...

what a great mini (of course!) Noel, you are super super talented, and I love seeing your work! :) and those girlies are too cute!

BethW said...

I have to have the owl-where can I get her!

Kamra said...

Super cute book! I love the owl and everything! Glitz rocks!

noel joy said...

the owl is a glitz rub-on... ask your local retailer if they have ordered them! :) it's in the "feathered journalers" rub-ons. :)

angie worthington said...

noel, super cute!!!
;) craftyscrapr

Anonymous said...

This is super cute! Love the owl on the cover.. Great designs throughout.

Stephanie said...

I loved seeing the whole album! I'm going to see if my LSS ordered the rub-ons! I love how this all came together, wonderful job!

Jennifer Priest said...

Such a cute project!! Love all the detail shots!!

Stan said...

Just so you know baby, I checked out your glitz post. Looks pretty darn cool. I'm married to a famous hot chick, how many people can say that!

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow this is a beautiful Album..TFS:)
Have a great Evening:)
I must check those products they are sooo scrummy:)x

Lea L. said...

Awesome project Noel!! Just now getting to comment on it due to our vacation...but even though I am late wanted to say it looks fabulous!! Loving all the glitz and glimmer!

~Lea

Cookie said...

Geeeezzzz...you are crafty! so much talent!! your awesome!

Anonymous said...

So Cute.. Love it...

Anonymous said...

Hi Noel - congrats on your new product release! I so admire your combination of a creative spirit and an entrepreneurial woman! Your layouts are very fun and inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]glitzitnow.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research shows that closely 50% of all U.S. grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

animal sex stories sites said...

He was pleased with her. Ive seen enough L.
impregnate erotic stories
gay brother sex stories
rape sexual assault stories
men net gay stories
interracial romance stories
He was pleased with her. Ive seen enough L.

Dhanjal Vlog said...

Panama Joe Coffee is grown in the Western Highlands of Panama. Best Panama Joe Coffee,coffee beans,coffee roasting,roasting process .