Friday, October 22, 2010

Gratitude Art Journal with Tammy Tutterow

I have been giving some thought lately to starting a second art journal project, one that focuses on gratitude and good things.  I was looking at the Glitz Design Scarlett Cardstock Journaling stickers and knew instantly that I not only needed to make that journal, but that the fun red sticker on that sheet that reads "It's going to be a good day" needed to be on the front cover.
The base of the journal is one of Glitz's new Vintage Chipboard Albums.
I layered a Paper Layers page and a Whatnots piece on the cover of the journal.  I wrapped the cover of the journal with black tulle.  I made a rosette with yellow tulle.
I adhered the red sticker to red patterned paper (Map).  I used a red mini safety pin to clip the sticker to the black tulle.
I adhered the round sticker with the little girls on patterned paper and tucked it behind the rosette.
I added a second Whatnots (American Beauty) under the tulle.  Each piece was sanded and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I used Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Glue to hold it all in place.
For the inside, I used the included pages as templates to cut new pages from plain white cardstock.

Glitz Design "Scarlett" Papers: Map (behind round stickers)
Glitz Design "Scarlett" Titles cardstock stickers
Glitz Design "Scarlett" Paper Layers
Glitz Design "Scarlett" Whatnots
Glitz Design Tulle
Glitz Design Vintage Chipboard Album


Rhonda V. said...

Very cute album! Love it!

Angelica said...

This is just adorable, what a great project.

Jolaine Frias said...

So beautiful! Love all the layers!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for any other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such a perfect way?
I've a venture that I'm simply now operating
on, and I've been at the glance out for such information.

Here is my web site ... bmi calculations