Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hoopla Chipboard House with Tammy Tutterow

I have had this cute little Maya Road chipboard house in my crafty stash forever!  I have been saving it for just the right paper to come along.  I knew that I wanted to make it in a soft yellow just like my real house.  When I got the new Hoopla collection in my hands I knew I had finally gotten "the" yellow!
Hooplahouse1
I covered the body of the house with the yellow side of the Polka patterned paper.  The house came with a chipboard book inside along with different chipboard elements for the house.  I wanted a door that would look a little more like the door on my house so I cut a new one from scrap chipboard.
Hooplahouse2
I covered both the roof, front door, and window trim pieces with the brown side of the Cake patterned paper.
Hooplahouse3
Hooplahouse4
I layered the front door onto a blank piece of transparency film, and then onto the white side of Zebra patterned paper.  I placed the assembled door onto the green and blue frame Peek-A-Boo.
Hooplahouse5
I created a wreath for the front door with some tiny flowers I found in my stash and glued them to a small acrylic round ribbon slide (cut away the center bar).
Hooplahouse6
I layered clear transparency pieces and scraps of vintage lace under the window pieces.  I then placed the assembled window piece on the blue side of the Polka patterned paper.  I am so glad I saved this house for just the right paper because now that it is done, I am super happy with it!  This sweet little sunny polka dot house makes me smile!
Glitz Supplies:
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Papers: Polka, Cake, Zebra
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Peek-A-Boo transparency accents

3 comments:

Jolaine Frias said...

So beautiful! This collection is just perfect and the flower wreath is adorable!

Anonymous said...

What do you think about adding some more pictures? I’m not trying to offend anyone, text is really great. But according to the scientists people acquire info much more efficient if there are certain useful pics.

Stacy Drawledge
phone signal blocker

BethW said...

Everything Tammy does is outstanding-this is adorable!