Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Always Time for Love with Iwona Palamountain

It's my turn for a Glitz Design post, and I whipped up some Valentine's Day goodness for you.
Oh yes, while we might have to wait for another Valentine's Day for a full year, I still feel love in the air... don't you? Besides, there's ALWAYS time to share love!
As far as the love theme goes, there's no other collection that I would reach for, but Love Nest. It's such a versatile collection, with an assortment of bold and subtle patterns and a wonderful vintage touch.
I simply adore combining textures, and that's what I was trying to achieve on my first card. The homespun touch of doily lace and velvet ribbon is contrasting nicely with the shimmer of rub-ons and Glitzers. Decadent is good :)

Glitz Design "Love Nest" Paper: Polka
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Journaling Cardstock Stickers
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Glitzers
Glitz Design Metallic Rub On: Fleur De Lis
Glitz Design "Scarlett" Paper Layer

Other: cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Rustic Cream); stamp: Layers Of Color; ink: Versa Color (Bark), Versafine (Onyx Black); velvet ribbon; crocheted doily: Kaisercraft; twine: AnnaBelle Stamps; vintage button

For my next card, I decided on a calmer and more stylish look. True to my style, I couldn't pass on a big fat bow, but what I really love about this card, is how well the Rub Ons: birdcage and sentiment, look together. Isn't it a match made in heaven??

Glitz Design "Love Nest" Paper: Block, Stripe, Damask
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Rub Ons
Glitz Design Giant Rhinestones: Pink

Other: cardstock: recycled kraft; ink: Papertrey Ink (Fresh Snow), Grant (silver); wrinkled ribbon; crocheted lace; chipboard hearts: Collections; rhinestone strip: Top Line Creations; vintage buttons

I hope you enjoyed your visit today! Sending you a belated but sincere Valentine-y smooch,
Iwona (Chupa)

2 comments:

st_mccall said...

Just stopping by to say I love your blog! It is my first stop! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.

Kristii said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!