Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Romantic Frame & Jewelry Box with Tammy Tutterow

Adore1
The colors in the Love Nest collection are perfect for love inspired project.  For this frame, I re-faced a small box frame that I found at my local Target store on clearance for $2.50.  I applied Damask patterned paper to the front and sides of the frame.
Adore9
Adore2
On the front of the frame, I used the music scale stamp from the Distressing 2 stamp set using Brushed Corduroy Distress ink.  I used the same ink to all of the edges on the frame.  In the top left corner, I added a swallow Glitzers sticker.
Adore4
In the lower corner, I layered a Love Nest Glitzers frame onto Love Nest Whatnot.  I distressed the edges of the Whatnot with a Distrezz It All tool and inked them using Brushed Corduroy.  I added a cluster of flowers tied off with a bit of brown Tulle and crinkled ribbon.  I added two green flourish Love Nest Glitzers with the flowers to look like leaves.  I finished off the cluster with a Love Nest Rub On phrase applied to a scrap piece of a previously used Whatnot that I had trimmed.
Adore5
To create the flowers, I die cut a piece of Love Nest Paper Layers using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die.  I spritzed the flowers with a pink shade of Glimmer Mist.  When dry, I added Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to the edges.  I lightly distressed the petals with the Distrezz It All tool.  I folded two flowers into a cone shape and wrapped the tip with floral wire to create a stem.
Treasure1
For my second project, I re-covered an small wooden jewelry box that I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $5.00.  I used the Love Nest Polka patterned paper (the dots were a perfect match to the original color of the box) to cover the top lid and the drawer fronts.
Treasure4
On the top of the lid, I layered several elements together to add decoration.  The base layer is a large Love Nest Peek-a-Boo.  The print on the piece is bright red.  The reverse side of the print is pinkish and much softer looking so I place it print side down.  On top of the Peek-a-Boo, I added a Love Nest Whatnot to which I applied a couple of Love Nest rose Rub Ons.  The next layer is another Peek-a-Boo.  I added a phrase to a scrap of patterned paper using the brown Teeny Alpha stickers.  I stapled the strip onto the top of the piece and adhered it all to the top of my box.
Supplies
Frame:
  • patterned paper: Glitz Design Love Nest Damask, Love Nest Paper Layers
  • stickers: Glitz Design Love Nest Glitzers, Garden Glitzers
  • rub ons: Glitz Design Love Nest Rub Ons
  • elements: Glitz Design Love Nest Whatnots
  • ribbon: Glitz Design Tulle, crinkled seam binding
  • stamp: Glitz Design Distressing 2 stamp set
  • ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy
  • adhesive: Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi Medium, Therm O Web Super Tape, Helmar 450 Quick Dry

Jewelry Box:
    • patterned paper: Glitz Design Love Nest Polka
    • stickers: Glitz Design Teeny Alphas, Brown
    • rub ons: Glitz Design Love Nest Rub Ons
    • elements: Glitz Design Love Nest Whatnots, Glitz Design Love Nest Peek-a-Boos
    • ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy
    • adhesive: Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi Medium, Therm O Web Super Tape, Helmar 450 Quick Dry

    No comments: