Monday, February 7, 2011

Cards made with Love with Laurie Schmidlin

A great big happy Monday to you!  Valentine's Day is just one short week away and that has gotten me thinking about those in my life that I love.  :-)   I adore making cards...and especially for those that are special to me!  Nothing says I Love You quite like a made-with-heart card!
GD Love Is
I chose some of the softer patterns from the Love Nest collection for my first card  So that it would stand out a bit from the background, I arched the vellum layer (with the Love is rub on already applied) a bit and secured it with some brads on the sides.
GD Love Me Do
For my next card, I again chose some patterned paper from the Love Nest collection!  After adhering the bottom two layers together, I stamped one of the large rectangle frames (from the Fancy Frames set) using some brown pigment ink so that it covered a bit of both layers.  To create the focal point, I stamped a lovey-dovey sentiment and then added some Love Nest Glitzers to a round Love Nest cardstock journaling sticker (which I had already added some messy stitching to).
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope your day is one that is filled with those that you love!  ~Laurie
Love Is card
Glitz Design "Love Nest" papers: Damask, Block
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Whatnot
Glitz Design Vintage Love Rub Ons
Other:  White c.s., Vellum c.s., White ribbon, String, Prima Flower, Brads, Border punch (Martha Stewart), Corner rounder punch, Pumice Stone Distress Ink
Love Me Do card
Glitz Design "Love Nest" papers: Polka, Floral
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Journaling Cardstock Stickers
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Glitzers
Other:  Love Notes stamp set (Verve), Vintage Cream c.s. (PTI), Gingham ribbon, Sewing machine, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Pink Stickles, Sewing machine, Prima flower

1 comment:

Ann Cicilie said...

Wow, gorgeous cards :) Love all the details :)