Monday, December 26, 2011

Snowy Layout & a Mini with Audrey Yeager

Welcome Winter! Audrey here to share a winter themed layout that I did using some Beautiful Dreamer and Dance In the Sunshine papers. 

I have always loved light pinks and aquas on snow themed pages, and the colors that my daughter is wearing just fit perfectly!  In October, we traveled to the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, and there happened to be snow on some of the mountain tops one chilly, early morning.  It was absolutely beautiful to see.  My daughter hasn’t seen much snow before, so it was quite a surprise to her when she picked it up and felt how cold it was!
On my background, I stamped a whole bunch of snowflakes and then heat embossed them with some clear embossing powder.  I then misted the page a bit with some white spray mist.

To make the large snowflakes, I used some of the elastic ribbon with the pom-pom ends and just drew a snowflake shape with some glue onto cream colored cardstock.  I added bits of the ribbon and then hand cut out the design.  And a little Stickles makes everything sparkle!

When my daughter was born in 2009, I made a mini album documenting her first day, so I had to do the same with my little guy that was born this past July.  I used two different chipboard albums and combined the pages which were different shapes.  On some of the pages I backed them with papers that better matched my color scheme.


On the cover I machine stitched around a transparency and then tightened some aqua tulle around the front tied with an aqua pom-pom trim.









I chose a few of my favorite photos from the day and a whole punch of my favorite phrase stickers and whatnots from the Glitz collections. 

I also layered in some of the Peek A Boos transparncies in between the pages.

I added some journaling strips on each page, but told the entire story in the journaling box at the end of the album.

I am so glad that I got to document this wonderful day for us all to remember!

Supplies-Snow Surprised:
Glitz Designs “Beautiful Dreamer, Houndstooth” paper
Glitz Designs “Beautiful Dreamer, Toile” paper”
Glitz Designs “Dance In the Sunshine, Birds” paper
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue Trims”
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue Peek A Boos”
Glitz Designs “Teeny Alphas White Type Stickers”
Other:Punches-Martha Stewart, Fiskars, The Paper Studio; Alphas-American Crafts; Stamps-Close To My Heart; Embossing Powder-American Crafts; Spray Mist-Studio Calico.


Supplies-Kyler's First Day:
Glitz Designs “Dance in the Sunshine” Chipboard Album
Glitz Designs “Dance In the Sunshine-Damask” paper
Glitz Designs “Dance In the Sunshine-Floral” paper
Glitz Designs “Dance In the Sunshine-Polka” paper
Glitz Designs “Dance In the Sunshine” Title Stickers
Glitz Designs “Dance In the Sunshine” Epoxy Stickers
Glitz Designs “Dance In the Sunshine” Glitzers
Glitz Designs “Dance In the Sunshine” Trims
Glitz Designs “Dance In the Sunshine” Peek A Boos
Glitz Designs “Dance In the Sunshine” Whatnots
Glitz Designs “Beautiful Dreamer” Whatnots
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue” Chipboard Album
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue” Peek A Boos
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue” Giant Rhinestones
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue” Glitzers
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue” Epoxy Stickers
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue” Titles Stickers
Glitz Designs Teeny Alpha Pearl Stickers
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue” Journaling Stickers
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue- Stripe” paper
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue-Rose” paper
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue-Motif” paper
Glitz Designs “Vintage Blue-Floral” paper
Other: Punches, EK Success, The Paper Studio, Martha Stewart; Paint-Ranger; letter stickers-Sassafrass Lass.

1 comment:

Nicole Martel said...

oh those are lovely, love them both!!