Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Creating Texture with Jolaine Frias

Hi everyone! Jolaine here to share my layouts with you this month. As you know, our design focus is to use book paper in our projects. Lea, our DT coordinator extraordinaire provided this beautiful image as inspiration...

I also wanted to challenge myself to create depth in my layouts. In my first LO, I created dimension using layers while in the second layout, I played around with mediums, sooo much fun!
This layout features the new and totally awesome Pretty In Pink. This collection is has soft, romantic colors as well as grungy, vintage ones, it's totally me! The paper layers were an excellent way to incorporate book paper into my LO.
The cherub and vintage clocks image were fussy cut out of a mini album page.

For my next layout, I used the Happy Travels collection, another stunning release!
There's lots of dimension here, I had a blast creating this page!
I used a Crafter's Workshop template to achieve the brick effect but painted over it with modeling paste instead of paint and that resulted in more texture.
I combined coarse craft sand with Mod Podge to sprikle thoughout my page. Small sea shells along with craft netting (found in the river rock section of the craft store) were also tucked around the photo for a more 'beachy' effect.
Thanks so much for joining me today. I hope you find time to play along with the blog challenge, I absolutely enjoy seeing all your wonderful submissions.

Have a happy scrappy time!
Hugs,
Jolaine


Supply List:
You Make The World Go Round
Pretty in Pink Polka
Pretty in Pink Ledger
Pretty in Pink Toile
Pretty in Pink Music
Pretty in Pink Roses
Pretty in Pink Chipboard Album
Pretty in Pink Epoxy Stickers
Pretty in Pink Paper Layers

Life Is An Adventure... Experience It
Happy Travels Stripe
Happy Travels Floral
Happy Travels Layered Stickers
Happy Travels Titles Stickers

No comments: