Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Greetings with Kristii Lockart

Hi there sweet friends!!  It's time for the Glitz Design Blog Challenge!!!  Here's the challenge:
and here's my take on the challenge:
I decided to pull out my Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer papers for this challenge!!  They are absolutely perfect for Spring Themed cards!!!  With Easter just a few days away, I couldn't help but make a fun little card for Easter!
  
The base for the sweet little Easter Scene is a Beautiful Dreamer Cardstock Sticker.  I added some bunnies, butterflies and a hand made flower to complete the scene.  I only had one bunny stamp and I really thought the scene needed two.  I decided to try out a technique that I had seen on Jess Witty's Blog.  I found a stamp that was thick and flat all the way across. This wood grain stamp was nice and thick and flat.  I place the wood grain stamp on the acrylic block wrong side up:
Then I stamped the image onto the smooth side of the stamp:
Then I stamped the "stamped"  image onto the paper:
and there you have it, a nice mirror image of the original stamp!  It works pretty slick and it's a very easy way to create a mirror image stamp!!  The image stamps a little lighter, but still looks great!!!
Supplies Used:
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Papers:  Houndstooth, Stripe, Polka
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Cardstock Stickers: Journaling
Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock and Felt, Papertrey Ink Spring Friendship Jar Fillers and Sweet Spring Stamps, Papertrey Ink Love Lives Here and Heart Border Die; My Craft Spot Crinkle Ribbon; My Favorite Things Rolled Flower Die; Recollections Pearls; Florals from my stash; Copic Markers: R20 Blush and R000 Cherry White

My second card uses a Beautiful Dreamer Whatnot as the base:
I embossed a rustic white panel and matted both the embossed panel and the Whatnot with the pink stripe paper to add color.
I added some die cut leaves, seam binding, hand rolled flowers and a cardstock sticker to complete the card.  The rolled flowers made with the Beautiful Dreamer Stripe paper are so pretty!!!  I love them!
Supplies used:
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Cardstock:  Houndstooth and Stripe
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Whatnots
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Cardstock Stickers: Journaling
Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock, Embellishments Stamps, and Turning a New Leaf Die; My Craft Spot Crinkle Ribbon; Recollections Pearls   

I hope you join in the Glitz Design Blog Challenge this month!!
  
Looking forward to seeing what you create and wishing you a very Glitzy Day,
Kristii

1 comment:

Lynne Forsythe said...

ohhhhhhh soooo PRETTTY!!!