Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Decoupaged Shadowbox with Tammy Tutterow

I really love Paper Layers from Glitz Design.  They are book size printed papers that are lightweight, lighter weight than printer paper but heavier than tissue paper.  They are perfect for using for decoupaging.  For this project, I had a black wooden shadowbox frame that was pretty scratched up.  It was bargain at $4 on the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby, but in serious need of a make over!
Everyday1
I tore the sheets of Paper Layers from Love Next collection into strips.  I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Multi Medium to decoupage them onto the front and sides of the frame.
Everyday8
Because the paper is so thin, it decoupages nicely over corners and edges.
Everyday10
Once the Multi Medium was dry, I sanded the edges to create some wear and added Vintage Photo Distress ink to the edges.
Everyday4
I covered the inside back insert with the pink and cream side of the Polka patterned paper.  I decoupaged the Paper Layer with the bird cage in the lower left corner.
Everyday2
For the focal, I layered a Cardstock Journaling Sticker (the piece with the dates) on a Whatnots (the ledger print label) using adhesive foam squares.  I used a scrap piece of Paper Layers and typed on it using my vintage typewriter.  I added it on top of the sticker.  I used a second Cardstock Journaling Sticker (Beautiful) over the typed piece using adhesive foam squares.  The whole assembled piece was adhered to the frame insert using more adhesive foam squares.
Everyday3
I finished off with a bit of handy dyed crinkled seam binding, two little posey flowers, and two jeweled brads.  Along the way, each piece gets a bit of sanding and Vintage Photo Distress Ink for a shabby and vintage touch.

Glitz Design "Love Nest" Papers: Polka
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Journaling cardstock stickers
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Whatnots
Glitz Design "Love Nest" Paper Layers

1 comment:

leah said...

That frame is gorgeous, Tammy! ^_^